- Auditions are by appointment only. To schedule an audition, email Gail Luley or call her at the Camerata office: 412-421-5884
- Singers are asked to bring two pieces to sing, one in English and one in a foreign language, preferably German, French, or Latin.
- An accompanist will be provided.
- In addition to singing your chosen pieces, you will be vocalized to determine range and vocal quality, and your sight-reading and other musical skills will be tested.
- If you have a CV or resume please bring a copy.
- The Pittsburgh Camerata assumes a high level of vocal proficiency and musical skill in its singers. Not all of our singers have degrees in music, but all have significant musical training and choral experience.
- Contracts are issued for each season.
- Singers will be reauditioned at the end of each season, at the pleasure of the Artistic Director.
- Successful auditionees will be offered a contract for the 2012-13 season detailing the performances they are offered and detailing the rehearsal and performance schedule.
- Rehearsals are held at Sixth Presbyterian Church, Squirrel Hill on Monday evenings from 7:30 - 9:45
- There is a subscription & music fee. The fee is pro-rated depending on how many concerts the singer is contracted for. The fee is deducted from the first paycheck.
- Singers are expected to provide their own concert apparel, which is black.
For further information, or to schedule an audition, please email Gail Luley or call the Camerata office: 412-421-5884